We've asked a couple of our favourite candle makers for their expertise on how to get maximum enjoyment out of their candles purchased with us. Here are some of their tips:
- To ensure an even and smoke-free burn, the wick should be trimmed to a length of 5mm each time before lighting. Candles should never be left burning unattended and discontinue when 10mm of wax remains.
- In order to get the most out of your candle, burn it until the entire surface of the candle melts. Wax has ‘memory’ so it will follow the first burn so make sure not to extinguish the candle until the whole surface has melted.
- To preserve the fragrance, do not burn your candle for more than six hours at a time and turn the wick into the wax to extinguish so that there is no smoke created.
- Do not leave candle burning unattended. Keep away from children, curtains and pets.
- Always protect the table or surface on which the candle rests.